With rising energy prices, more and more households across Europe are facing the challenges of fuel poverty. Although the problem is often a complex one, some solutions can be simple and cost-effective. This is why project ACHIEVE aims to contribute practical and structural solutions to help Europeans to reduce the occurrence of fuel poverty.
The work will be carried out respecting the following methodology:
- to analyse the situation in order to have a solid basis for further action through identifying and mobilizing existing knowledge, practices and skills,
- on this basis, to shape appropriate measures, tools and communication for working with the target groups and key actors in order to lead them on saving energy
- to equip new groups of people (called "multiplicators") with knowledge and skills for implementing practical measures and advise in households,
- to put practical measures in place and inform the low-income households how to implement further practical measures for saving energy
- to coordinate key actors into a concerted effort for formulating long-term solutions and develop a network for implementing the long-term solutionsProject partners will cooperate closely with tenants, home owners, landlords, social services, consumer protection agencies and any other relevant actors, in a range of activities aiming to build and disseminate ready-to-run tools and methodologies.
Read more about ACHIEVE activities: