ACHIEVE tries to engage a variety of stakeholders in abating fuel poverty, while also creating links between them. The following stakeholders are stimulated to engage in Achieve:
- Local authorities are the very essential partners that will ensure ACHIEVE's success in the short run of the project, but more than everything they are key parners for the sustainability of the action in the long term. Local authorities can help ACHIEVE partner to access information on households in need, give them institutional and financial support; they have the power to launch global action plans within their territory, and to reduce fuel poverty in a durable way by supporting housing schemes and housing renovations that secure sustainable energy consumption and improve well-being of occupants
- Public or private landlords of the buildings, in which fuel poverty situations are concentrated: by learning how to improve energy performance of the building they can improve the living conditions in their buildings and improve the value of their property
- A variety of local actors (such as local housing associations, tenants’ associations, health, energy or social actors, for whom addressing poverty challenges are at the core of their mission) can both benefit and take part in implementation of the project through networking and shared competences
- Any people who have the right basic skills to be trained to give energy advice to low income households, such as volunteers, people who are long-term unemployed or students that wish to gain work experience
- National governments and authorities, to disseminate at national level ACHIEVE, and similar projects that might be experienced in partner countries to develop systems for mass visits at home to reduce fuel poverty. Basing on the German model, innovative funding approaches should be found to develop such actions. Indeed, creating new jobs of "water and energy saving advisers" is very essential, as fighting efficiently energy situations almost always implies, first, to qualify the situation on a case by case basis by visiting the household at his home.